Mayo Mental Health Association
We organize events all around Mayo
Mayo Mental Health Association in partnership with Parke-Keelogues-Crimlin GAA and the National
Museum of Ireland Turlough, are host to the Annual Turlough 8K each year.
The Turlough 8K is one of the many longstanding fundraising events that the Association are
involved in. The event has seen huge success over the past number of years and will hopefully
continue to do so for many more years to come.
Put it in the diary folks – every February
26 December, annually
What started as a small gathering with 3 girls & their families on Stephens Day 2020, has now grown in numbers out West.
We at the Association are delighted to be supporting the women in any way we can on what has now turned into an Annual Event.
Join us each and every Stephens Day morning out at Old Head in Louisburgh for what always promises to be a morning full of laughter and shivers!!
For those in the North Mayo areas please feel free to host your own. Get in contact with us today!
ENDURANCE CHALLENGE completed by David Morrin & Shane Warde (NCC Fitness) raised money for two charities Pieta House and Mayo Mental Health Association.
Their goal was to:
• Set out cycling 51km from Cong to Croagh Patrick
• Between them carry a ‘Concept 2’ rowing machine up to the top
• Row 20km beside the church between them
• Carry the machine back down to the summit
• Cycle 51km back home to Cong
Each year, Mayo Mental Health Association carry out their Annual Churchgate Collection.
The Churchgate Collection is one of the Associations largest fundraising events and most important.
In the past number of years, the collection has helped raise some much-needed funds for the Association. The importance of the Churchgate Collection cannot be underestimated. Without this fundraiser the Association would feel immense pressure throughout the year in relation to financing different things.
We are so very grateful that we have been given the opportunity to host this every year and are very thankful to all our volunteers. Without them this would not be possible.
Mayo Mental Health Association have been charity partners with Horror in the Barracks for the past 3 years.
This event has been very successful since it started in 2019 and it is a credit to those who organise it each year.
- The Neale GAA Club Footgolf Competition (2022)
- Rotary Remembrance Tree (2019 – 2020)
- Everesting for Mayo MHA (2020)
- Mayo Male Voice Choir Christmas Carol Singing (2019)
- Turlough Wheelers Charity Cycle (2019)
- Malin to Mizen Head Cycle – CCFE Westport (2019)
- AIA Loss Assessors Charity Cycle (2018)
- The Mighty Mile with In Essence, Westport (2018)
- Escape to Within Poetry Book proceeds by Pat McCormack (Dec. 2021)
- South Midlands Golf Society (SMIGS) Charity Dinner (2018)
Want to make a difference?
Support Us and Help with Peoples Everyday Challenges
A small donation to the Mayo Mental Health Association could make a Huge difference